Monday 15 October 2012

Chilled Out Cordoba


No skydiving this time!!
This post will be rather brief due to the fact that I didn't end up doing much in Cordoba. The main reason I decided to go was because I had heard that it was one of the best places in South America to go skydiving. I arrived early on Wednesday morning with the hope of getting it out of the way; that is not letting it play on my mind for a few days, however due to the exceptionally good weather it was full and consequently I decided to book for Thursday.

People Watching

I was notified that I would be picked up a 2pm on Thursday by the company to take me to the dive site about 40 minutes away. I wasted the morning thinking about life and death (just kidding, I was mainly sleeping) and was pretty excited to finally do it. At 1:45 the hostel owner came up to tell me the wind was too strong and consequently that the jump had been postponed. Unfortunately the weather on Friday and Saturday didn't improve and it wasn't expected to over the next few days so I made the disappointing decision to leave and head up to Salta. Hopefully there will be the opportunity to do it later in the trip otherwise I will have to bite the bullet and give bungy jumping a nudge instead

Some Serious Street Atrt


Just a quick note to say that Cordoba has to be one of the prettiest cities I have ever been to; I'm not referring to the city itself, rather the female half of the 300,000 students attending one of the 9 universtities. Th hostel owner provided an apt analogy; "It's like watching a game of tennis...you keep looking from one side to the other".

Anyway that's about it for Cordoba...if my future career doesn't work out I may return to complete another degree, after all education is free in Argentina!!

Another post will follow shortly

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment